Nothing comes easy

Don’t handicap your children by making their lives easy.

– Robert A. Heinlein

Sometimes, what is gotten with little or no effort is taken for granted. It is every parents pride to provide for their children but this won’t prepare them for the harsh realities. Alternatively, teaching them the value of hardwork, responsibility and integrity goes a long way to build character that is need to face the world.

So make them into someone you wanna be proud of even when you are old.

Stay blessed.

Chichi

32 Comments

1. Anthony Umukoro July 10, 2018 at 6:03 pm

Nice job, Chinyere. I think I am going to learn and gain a lot from your blog. Thumbs up girl!

1. Chinyere Okoh July 10, 2018 at 7:11 pm

Thank you so much. I am thrilled you are learning from this. Gives me great joy.
      I will appreciate if you can check out the other articles, share and comment.

Stay blessed.

2. GiGi Eats Celebrities November 28, 2018 at 2:58 pm

I WILL NEVER do that. I will make sure my child knows how to WORK for what he wants. I 10000% know my husband will do the same.

3. Candice Laboy November 28, 2018 at 3:49 pm

I totally agree. There is a thin line between helping them solve a problem & independancy.

1. Chinyere Okoh November 29, 2018 at 1:42 am

So very true. Lighting the path for them is required.

Thanks.

4. Anna Nwa November 28, 2018 at 6:34 pm

So true! It’s easy to jump in and help your kids out, but they learn through doing hard things and are so proud when they succeed.

1. Chinyere Okoh November 29, 2018 at 1:44 am

A wonderful feeling of achievement.

Thanks

5. Amanda Yorton November 28, 2018 at 7:35 pm

I agree, we definitely need to teach our kids the value of hard work! I love this!

6. Annie Cho November 29, 2018 at 2:34 am

So true! It’s so important to allow children to try and figure things out by themselves. And hardwork really develops character!
    xoxo
    Annie

1. Chinyere Okoh November 30, 2018 at 1:16 am

Hello Annie.

Yes..it does.

Thanks for sharing

7. Echo aka The Mad Mommy November 29, 2018 at 3:40 am

Children need to know how to work, to value money and to have gratitude for what they do have.

1. Chinyere Okoh November 30, 2018 at 1:15 am

True…qualities that are invaluable in life.

Thanks

8. dani November 29, 2018 at 11:06 am

I couldnt agree more. I feel that todays technologies are really limiting our childrens abilities. Just today I benched our thermomix and pulled out the box grater purely so they can learn the traditional way too

1. Chinyere Okoh November 30, 2018 at 1:13 am

Lol😀…that is so creative.
      We need that once in a while.

Thanks for sharing

1. Chinyere Okoh November 30, 2018 at 1:12 am

True..we are formed by our experiences – good or bad

Thanks

9. Brittany Vantrease November 29, 2018 at 4:39 pm

Great advice! I see so many kids who are just given things that they didn’t have to work for. I’m glad that my parents didn’t just give me everything that I wanted. I’m glad that I got to start working when I was 16. I had to pay for my own gas and I had to pay for things I wanted to do. It’s good to let your kids do things for themselves, otherwise they grow up to be too dependent on others.

1. Chinyere Okoh November 30, 2018 at 1:11 am

Hello Brittany.

This is so insightful. With this experience. You built your character.

Thanks for sharing such wonderful experience

10. Charli Bruce November 29, 2018 at 5:14 pm

My daughter knows nothing comes free or easy in life. I have always made sure she has been bought up to understand this.

1. Chinyere Okoh November 30, 2018 at 1:10 am

That’s lovely. I’m glad you are.

Thanks for sharing.

11. bmcharnley November 29, 2018 at 7:12 pm

yes that is so important that kids learn that…especially in today’s society!!

12. A Nation of Moms November 29, 2018 at 8:18 pm

This is definitely something to keep in mind. It’s true, we enable kids, and others too if we do everything for them. I think kids in this age are missing a lot of skills because we do so much for them.

1. Chinyere Okoh November 30, 2018 at 1:08 am

Hello.

To some extent, this is true. I have seem some people that are hardworkers but have no idea about intergrity and responsibility.

Its a ALL OR NONE rule – responsibility and character.

Thanks for sharing.

13. Kimberly November 29, 2018 at 11:01 pm

I trued to do this when I was raising my kids. Now they are hard workers as adults and don’t take things for granted. My kids were not happy when we didn’t just hand them things like many of their friends. Now they get it- especially the ones with kids of their own!

1. Chinyere Okoh November 30, 2018 at 1:06 am

That’s quite true….I got that same lesson from my parents. Learnt the value of hardwork and dedication.

Amazing share.

Thanks

14. kumamonjeng November 30, 2018 at 12:19 am

This is so true and I find a lot of children in Asia are being overly protected. I find it parents should let their children to fall now and get use to the pattern of taste of failure. Failure and mistake made us stronger and grow bigger.

1. Chinyere Okoh November 30, 2018 at 1:05 am

Hello.

I agree that sometimes parents can be overprotective and cannot help it. But teaching your kids responsibility and integrity will go a long way even when they are overprotective.

Thanks for sharing.

15. Samantha November 30, 2018 at 3:38 pm

That’s true. Spoiled kids are nobody’s happiness.

Leave a comment. Let's run minds.